Colorado River Heritage Center
At Bullhead City Community Park

Phase One:  Relocation of the Historic Head Frame from the Moss Gold/Silver Mine was completed in July, 2013.

The Moss Mine was discovered in 1863, by Captain John Moss. A popular account of the discovery is that Captain Moss, who had befriended Chief Irataba of the Mojave Indians was led to the outcrop of rich ore, by Chief Irataba. The Moss Mine was the first gold discovery made in the Oatman District. John Moss’ name appeared on the first recorded mining claim.  The “Moss Lode” under the ownership of the San Francisco Gold and Silver Company. Historical records show that the Oatman District produced up to two million ounces of gold. Although only minor production is recorded for the Moss Mine, several shafts and adits as well as tailings piles visible below an old mill foundation indicate the property was active into the 1930’s. The Moss property then lay idle until the early 1980’s when a number of mining companies explored the district. With modern exploration techniques and modern mining methods in mind, Golden Vertex secured an option on the Property.

US Congressman Paul A Gosar, DDS, was in Bullhead City to help the community celebrate and "cut the ribbon" to signify the opening of the Colorado  River Heritage Center at Bullhead City Community Park.

From left: Mayor Jack Hakim; Moss Mine GM Joe Bardswich; Architects Scott Seabury and Greg Fritz; Dick and Gillian Whittington; City Manager Toby Cotter and Golden Vertex CIO John Masterson
Pictured above celebrating the official dedication of the Colorado River Heritage Center at Bullhead City Community Park are former Bullhead City Mayor Jack Hakim; Moss Mine Project General Manager Joe Bardswich; Scott Seabury and  Greg Fritz of Seabury Fritz Architects; Golden Vertex CEO and President Dick Whittington and his wife Gillian; City Manager Toby Cotter and former Golden Vertex CIO John Masterson.